Saturday, November 28, 2009

25-26 NOV: Iraq





Hello all!! Just thought I would update everyone on what I've been up to. We (LTC Reid and myself) have been spending the last couple of weeks meeting with the Iraqi Army sBG (Staff Brigadier General) BDE Commander that we will be advising (sBG Rasheed). We've also met his G2 (LTC Jamir) and the 1st Battalion Commander (sLTC Mohammad). The first Battalion is known as the Falcon Battalion, so we got a picture with their namesake. We travel to and from COP Nimir (where the IA BDE is located just outside of Synjar, Iraq) to FOB Sykes (South of Tal Afar). I got a picture of the MRAP that I travel in, and took a self portrait of me in the TC (troop commander) seat where I ride. We had a really good Thanksgiving, as I hope you all did, and of course I made a pig of myself eating a Thanksgiving Lunch and Dinner (had to take a nap in between). Well, hope all is going well for all of you. Take care and God bless.

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, the boys loved the pictures. You look great. Miss you tons sweetie. Love you!

    ReplyDelete