Friday, November 13, 2009

Hello from Iraq






Hi everyone!! I'm temporarily located in Mosul, Iraq, waiting to push West to Synjar. Synjar is about 100 miles West of Mosul, and 30 miles East of the Syrian border. I'm not sure yet what my living conditions are going to be like or my mailing address for that matter, but it will give me something else to post once I find out all of that information. Here are some photos of training that we conducted in Kuwait prior to moving to Iraq (Foreign weapons training - shooting AK 47s and RPKs; Crew served weapons training - disassemble/assemble of the M240B machine gun and 50 caliber heavy machine gun/load/reduce stoppage, and firing; also conducted evacuation/roll over training on the MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Proof) vehicle - this consisted of being put into a mock up of the vehicle, strapped in, then rolled (couldn't find a better ride in Disneyland - couldn't stop laughing)). I've been really busy in Mosul - eating, sleeping, and reading mostly (Laurie gave me an Ebook reader for Christmas (early present) and I've gone through 23 books already), but I doubt these "busy" days will last much longer. Well, that's all for now. I'll post again when I have some more information for you all. Take care and God bless.

Kelly

1 comment: